Monday, May 23, 2011

Last Weekend

Well, I just had my last weekend in Mumbai. Leaving is bittersweet. I can't wait to see my friends and family but I'll miss the people I've met here. Being my last weekend, I had a virtual checklist I wanted to finish up. I went to a movie, dinner at Out of the Blue in Bandra, Drinks/Dancing at Gadda Da Vida on Juhu Beach, Brunch at Indigo in South Mumbai and one last mani/pedi in Powai. All of it was fantastic but I want to tell you a bit more about my movie experience. At first I wasn't going to put this on the list because I thought, how different could it be? After talking to another expat, I knew I had to go. You buy your ticket by seat so you have an actual seat assignment. I sprung for the expensive seat in the last row. It was 50 extra rupees but it was also a lazy boy. How could I resist. The movie was Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and in 3D. The movie had an intermission about half way through so you could take a break and order food if you want. I ordered two delicacies: a cup of corn (not popcorn but a cup of actual cooked corn mixed with salt - very tasty) and a pizza cone (a savory cone filled with pizza topping). Neither of these have made their way to US theaters yet. When I purchased the corn, I got it right away but with the pizza cone they delivered it to my seat after the second half of the movie had started. Now, since I had never had a pizza cone, eating my first in complete darkness was a bit scary. Except for the ketchup on top, it was delicious. I can't get used to ketchup as a pizza condiment though.

No comments:

Post a Comment