Monday, May 16, 2011

Delhi & Agra




Sorry for the long break in blog activity. I was pretty scarred from the cockroach attack :) Last week I was lucky to have a visitor from home, my fiance. We spent several days in Mumbai but also visited Delhi and Agra. I was surprised by how clean and green Delhi was. Driving up to Parliment, it had parkways and trees between the traffic lanes. It was beautiful! Sites we saw include: India Gate, Red Fort, Lotus Temple, Raj Ghat, Capital Buildings, Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and the Baby Taj. The Taj Mahal lived up to expectations and mine were pretty high. The only downside was the entry. As a tax paying Indian resident, I am supposed to pay the resident price for entry when I show my resident book. I have yet to have this work. This means instead of 20 rupees, I had to pay 750 rupees. Frustrating when you have no recourse as there isn't exactly a complaint hotline. I'm including some pictures so you have an idea of what we saw. The upper left picture is of the Taj. The upper right picture is of the judgement area in Agra fort. The lower right picture is of a street in Dehli with interesting electricity line organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment